FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
GRIDSMART Technologies, Inc.
ITS America 2016 San Jose
“Intelligent Pitch” Challenges Next Generation Mobility Entrepreneurs Chance to Pitch to Leading VCs
Applications Due by Friday, May 20
(Washington, DC, May 2, 2016) – Want to know what “the money” thinks of your intelligent transportation idea or product? ITS America 2016 San Jose is presenting mobility entrepreneurs with an opportunity to test their pitches to venture capital experts in the “The Intelligent Pitch.” This special session will bring together cutting – edge mobility startups with three premier venture capital firms and a leader in the intelligent transportation field.
“The Intelligent Pitch” will be held during ITS America 2016 San Jose on Wednesday, June 15, 10:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. PDT at McEnery Convention Center. The session, sponsored by GRIDSMART Technologies, Inc., is a highlight of Day 3 – “Show Me The Money!” which is part of a multi-day effort to advance debate and discussion around integrated mobility systems and smart cities.
“Entrepreneurs defiantly change the rules, change the world, because they are not afraid to fail and fail again until something amazingly beautiful comes out the other end,” said Bill Malkes, founder and CEO of GRIDSMART Technologies, Inc., developers of the world’s only single camera solution for intersection actuation, traffic data collection, and situational awareness. “We want to help them define their story that disrupts ITS (intelligent transportation systems).”
“ITS America 2016 San Jose is designed to bring together innovators and implementers, high-tech and transportation,” said Regina Hopper, president and CEO of the Intelligent Transportation Society of America (ITS America). “‘Show Me The Money!’ the third day of our three-day show, will exemplify ITS America as the incubator of Next Generation ITS.”
To be considered for an “Intelligent Pitch” slot, entrepreneurs must submit an application package, due Friday, May 20, 2016 as spelled out below. Competitors chosen win the opportunity to deliver a fast-paced business pitch to the panel of judges. The judges will then select three finalists to “face off.” The winning entrepreneur will be announced publicly at the ITS America closing keynote session later that day.
- Friday, May 20, 2016 – Prospective competitors’ complete application packages due via the submissions website, built and hosted by GRIDSMART, ITSAmerica2016.org/IntelligentPitch_apply.
- Monday, May 30, 2016 – Applicants chosen to compete live in San Jose will be notified.
- Wednesday, June 15, 2016 – “The Intelligent Pitch” session, 10:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m., ITS America 2016, McEnery Convention Center, San Jose, CA.
The Premier Panel of Judges are:
- Bill Malkes, CEO & Co-Founder, GRIDSMART Technologies, Inc.
- Quin Garcia, Managing Director, AutoTech Ventures
- Chris Thomas, Co-Founder & Partner, Fontinalis Partners
- Duncan Williams, Partner, GreenTech Capital Advisors
Startups Eligible to Apply are:
- Seed to Series B stage startups;
- Have less than $5 million in external funding;
- Been in development/business less than four years;
- Focused on intelligent transportation technology applications to save lives, time, and money while helping to move people and goods from Point A to Point Z safely and without delay;
- Passionate about mobility solutions that change the way people, goods, and services interact with the outside world;
- Available to pitch live, in person, at “The Intelligent Pitch,” 10:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. PDT, Wednesday, June 15, 2016, at ITS America 2016 San Jose, McEnery Convention Center, San Jose, CA.
What Do I Submit To Pitch?
- Applicants must submit a draft business plan for consideration. These plans will be kept confidential;
- Draft slides supporting a five-minute pitch;
- Founder’s name, bio, and contact info;
- “Pitcher’s” name, bio, and contact info (if pitch is not to be delivered by Founder).
Where Do I Apply?
Application packages must be submitted by the May 20 deadline via the official “Intelligent Pitch” submissions website, built and hosted by GRIDSMART, www.ITSAmerica2016.org/IntelligentPitch_apply (https://gridsmart.com/its-america-intelligent-pitch-2016/).
The Intelligent Transportation Society of America (ITS America) advocates for industries marrying tech and transportation, putting transportation at the center of the Internet of Things (IoT). ITS America works to identify and drive public policy issues at the local, state, and federal levels to advance deployment of the technologies that will support data-driven integrated mobility.
A new show representing this transformative moment in intelligent transportation, ITS America 2016 San Jose is built around the theme “Integrated Mobility. Transportation Redefined.” Each day has its own focus:
- “#THISisITS Making It Work,” on Sunday, June 12, features pre-show public-private partnership and investment opportunities, highlighted by the U.S. Department of Transportation’s “Accelerating ITS Deployment Day” workshop.
- “Wheels & Things” rolls in on Monday, June 13. Sponsored by Xerox, the day revolves around all things using, altering, or creating new ITS technology.
- “The Infrastructure of Things” is on Tuesday, June 14. Sponsored by Lear, the day is built around all the things that interact with wheels and things.
- “Show Me The Money!” on Wednesday, June 15, will feature venture capitalists and the changing business models that are disrupting the “transportation” landscape.
- Thursday, June 16th will be highlighted by a series of tours that exemplify intelligent transportation at work.
For more information, visit www.ITSAmerica2016.org. To register and ensure discounted hotel rates, visit the www.ITSAmericaRegistrationPortal and book by May 18. Working, credentialed press may register at no cost.
Founded in 2006, GRIDSMART Technologies, Inc. is a Knoxville, Tennessee based company backed by venture capital investment from around the United States. Used in thousands of intersections across 46 states and 22 countries, GRIDSMART systems include the industry’s only open API, built-in replay functionality, and a published change log. GRIDSMART products are built to be Simple, Flexible, and Transparent. For more information, visit gridsmart.com.