ADVANCED CAMERA LIMITED WARRANTY
Hardware Warranty – The Traditional Camera shall be warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year following installation, as communicated to GRIDSMART Technologies, Inc. through product registration. The warranty begins with the date of installation, as evidenced by a Warranty Registration Card or via communications with GRIDSMART Cloud by the processor or GRIDSMART Client. Without evidence of installation, the warranty defaults to the date of shipment from GRIDSMART to the reseller or distributor.
This hardware warranty provides free repair or replacement of faulty equipment (does not include unauthorized service or parts, loss of data, or equipment damaged by the customer or due to a Force Majeure event such as acts of God, acts of a public enemy, fires, floods, hurricanes, wars, civil disturbances, acts of terrorism, etc.).
The warranty does not cover the travel expenses associated with a required site visit, nor expenses to retrieve the product from its installed location. The customer will be responsible for providing return of the product per the below guidelines, and GRIDSMART Technologies, Inc. will provide an evaluation of the product and any repairs covered by the warranty.
Software – GRIDSMART will provide free releases for the customer’s purchased version of the software application as well as free updates to the core detection algorithms during the warranty period. GRIDSMART will also provide telephone support for the operation of the software product.
GRIDSMART will endeavor to resolve known software bugs based on classification of the bug as Critical or Major (e.g., severely impacts functionality – immediately work to resolve); Normal (e.g., only minor impact or there exists a “work around” – fix will be provided in a later release); or Minor (e.g., cosmetic defect – may or may not be resolved in a future release).
Reasons for Voiding a Warranty – Any one of the following actions taken by the customer or on behalf of the customer may result, based solely on GRIDSMART’s discretion, in the warranty being canceled and legally null and void:
- Use of any accessory, other than those sold or approved by GRIDSMART, that are in the Processor-to-Camera connection chain.
- Any unauthorized modifications or alterations to any GRIDSMART product.
- Installing, uploading, or downloading of any software or drivers onto any GRIDSMART product, intentional or accidental, not provided by GRIDSMART.
- Use of the products for any purpose(s) other than their intended use.
- Accessing GRIDSMART Camera feeds other than through the GRIDSMART API.
- Installing the system outside of GRIDSMART recommended and prescribed specifications.
How to obtain service or replacement under warranty:
- Contact GRIDSMART Technologies, Inc. at +1 (866) 652‐5347 and request Customer Support.
- Once a GRIDSMART support engineer or authorized representative verifies the product is defective, they will issue an RMA number and shipping information. This RMA must be included and be visible when returning product. Use original packaging or pack unit in similar to avoid damage during shipping. Return to:
EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE, GRIDSMART MAKES NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE GOODS, INCLUDING ANY (A) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; OR (B) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE.
THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND GRIDSMART’S ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. OUR LIABILITY SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT, NOR SHALL GRIDSMART UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT.