GRIDSMART SYSTEM LIMITED WARRANTY
Hardware Warranty – GRIDSMART Processors & Bell Cameras shall be warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of three (3) years following installation, as communicated to GRIDSMART Technologies, Inc. via Warranty Registration Card or via communications with GRIDSMART Cloud by the processor or GRIDSMART Client. The warranty begins on the Date of Installation which is the earlier of the Warranty Registration Card or the date of initial configuration in and as shown in the GRIDSMART Cloud. Without evidence of installation, the warranty defaults to the date the product was manufactured.
This hardware warranty provides free repair or replacement of faulty equipment (does not include unauthorized service or parts, loss of data, or equipment damaged by the customer or due to a Force Majeure event such as acts of God, acts of a public enemy, fires, floods, hurricanes, wars, civil disturbances, acts of terrorism, etc.).
The warranty does not cover the travel expenses associated with a required site visit, nor expenses to retrieve or ship the product from its installed location. The customer will be responsible for returning the product per the below guidelines, and GRIDSMART Technologies, Inc. will provide an evaluation of the product and any repairs covered by the warranty at no cost to the customer.
No Aim, No Focus Guarantee – The GRIDSMART Bell Camera features a No Aim, No Focus Guarantee. This guarantee assures the customer that, following successful installation and configuration by GRIDSMART trained and certified installers (based on the start date of the warranty), the camera will not require aiming or focusing for the product’s useable ‘life’. Under this guarantee, if it is determined by GRIDSMART Technologies, Inc. that the camera requires aiming or focusing, GRIDSMART Technologies, Inc. will bear the expense. This excludes any changes required due to lane shifts, due to extraordinary impact, due to mounting hardware failures or infrastructure warping, or duress on the camera.
Software – GRIDSMART will provide free releases for the customer’s purchased version of the software application as well as free updates to the core detection algorithms during the warranty period. GRIDSMART will also provide telephone support for the operation of the software product.
GRIDSMART will endeavor to resolve known software bugs based on classification of the bug as Critical or Major (e.g., severely impacts functionality – immediately work to resolve); Normal (e.g., only minor impact or there exists a “work around” – fix will be provided in a later release); or Minor (e.g., cosmetic defect – may or may not be resolved in a future release).
Reasons for Voiding a Warranty – Any one of the following actions taken by the customer or on behalf of the customer may result, based solely on GRIDSMART’s discretion, in the warranty being canceled and legally null and void:
- Use of any accessory, other than those sold or approved by GRIDSMART, that are in the Processor-to-Camera connection chain.
- Any unauthorized modifications or alterations to any GRIDSMART product.
- Installing, uploading, or downloading of any software or drivers onto any GRIDSMART product, intentional or accidental, not provided by GRIDSMART.
- Use of the products for any purpose(s) other than their intended use.
- Accessing GRIDSMART Camera feeds other than through the GRIDSMART API.
- Installing the system outside of GRIDSMART recommended and prescribed specifications.
How to Obtain Service or Replacement Product
- Contact GRIDSMART Technologies, Inc. at +1 (866) 652‐5347 and request Customer Support.
- Once a GRIDSMART support engineer or authorized representative verifies the product is defective, they will issue an RMA number and shipping information. This RMA must be included and be visible when returning product. Use the original or like packaging to prevent further damage during shipping.
GRIDSMART Technologies, Inc.
10545 Hardin Valley Road
Knoxville, Tennessee 37932 USA
EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE, GRIDSMART MAKES NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE GOODS, INCLUDING ANY (A) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; OR (B) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE.
THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND GRIDSMART’S ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. OUR LIABILITY SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT, NOR SHALL GRIDSMART UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT.