STREETSMART LIMITED WARRANTY
Hardware Warranty – STREETSMART shall be warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of three (3) years following installation, as communicated to GRIDSMART Technologies, Inc. via the first records collected and reported in the GRIDSMART Cloud. The warranty begins on the Date of Installation which is the date of initial record(s) collected and reported in the GRIDSMART Cloud. Without evidence of installation, the warranty defaults to the date the product was manufactured.
This hardware warranty provides free repair or replacement of faulty equipment (does not include unauthorized service or parts, loss of data, or equipment damaged by the customer or due to a Force Majeure event such as acts of God, acts of a public enemy, fires, floods, hurricanes, wars, civil disturbances, acts of terrorism, etc.).
The warranty does not cover the travel expenses associated with a required site visit, nor expenses to retrieve or ship the product from its installed location. The customer will be responsible for returning the product per the below guidelines, and GRIDSMART Technologies, Inc. will provide an evaluation of the product and any repairs covered by the warranty at no cost to the customer.
Software – GRIDSMART will provide free releases for the customer’s purchased version of the software application as well as free updates to the core algorithms during the warranty period. GRIDSMART will also provide telephone support for the operation of the software product.
Reasons for Voiding a Warranty – Any one of the following actions taken by the customer or on behalf of the customer may result, based solely on GRIDSMART’s discretion, in the warranty being canceled and legally null and void:
- Any unauthorized modifications or alterations to the STREETSMART product.
- Installing, uploading, or downloading of any software or drivers onto any STREETSMART, intentional or accidental, not provided by GRIDSMART.
- Use of the products for any purpose(s) other than their intended use.
- Installing the system outside of GRIDSMART’s recommended and prescribed specifications.
How to Obtain Service or Replacement Product
- Contact GRIDSMART Technologies, Inc. at +1 (866) 652‐5347 and request Customer Support.
- Once a GRIDSMART support engineer or authorized representative verifies the product is defective, they will issue an RMA number and shipping information. This RMA must be included and be visible when returning product. Use the original or like packaging to prevent further damage during shipping.
GRIDSMART Technologies, Inc.
10545 Hardin Valley Road
Knoxville, Tennessee 37932 USA
EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE, GRIDSMART MAKES NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE GOODS, INCLUDING ANY (A) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; OR (B) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE.
THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND GRIDSMART’S ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. OUR LIABILITY SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT, NOR SHALL GRIDSMART UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT.